My #reds Check List
I have seen a few blogs already start an off-season check list for the Cincinnati Reds so I thought I would join the fun and list what I think the Reds should do this off-season.
1. Sign a rough and tough manager who does not want to be buddies with the players. Pitching Coach Bryan Price would be great but I am not sure he is going to be mean enough right now and the Reds need a guy that will stir up the hen-house!
2. Trade Johnny Cueto. After seeing the way he handles playoffs and after him being injured the whole season maybe it is time to see what you can get for him.
3. Make Ryan Ludwick a bench player. This off-season the Reds should be looking to get a better solution at LF. If they are going to keep Todd Frazier at 3B they will need more pop coming out of the LF spot. A Right handed bat that will go in between Joey Votto and Jay Bruce. Moving Ludwick to the bench would then move Chris Heisey out!!!!! He should have been in the deal with Drew Stubbs to tell you the truth.
6. Let him steal! Get Billy Hamilton in CF and let him play a whole season as the lead off hitter.
7. Sign cheap catcher depth. I have a feeling the Reds are going to be needing more catcher depth if they want to continue making the playoffs. Devin Mesoraco and Ryan Hanigan got beat up this season. Don’t get me wrong, I love Corky Miller, but having a few more pro ready catchers could really help this team next season.
8. **** Fire Walt Jocketty! If at any time Walt says, “I don’t want to make a move just to make a move.” this off-season I think the owners should say, “You’re FIRED!” and get someone who will make moves to better the team. As far as I know, the Reds are in it to win it! So that means, getting players that will WIN IT!!!!